Saturday, April 4, 2009

Balinese If You Please

A 3-day weekend in Bali proved that Spring Break doesn't have to end just because my student status has terminated. Thank goodness for dad's business trips that I am still allowed to crash :) Courtney accompanied him on this one, so I got a 2 for 1 family deal. Nice to have someone taking care of me (and picking up the tab) for a few days after 7 months of uber independence in a foreign land.

Bali - one of my favorite places in SE Asia (and a potential retirement destination), it was great to return to the place where I worked 3 summers ago. It's definitely changed a lot, and I fear that it is losing some of its exquisite culture to mass tourism, but it was still great to be back.

An incredible weekend of detox and revitalizing - I had almost forgotten what it was like to breathe clean air and shower in a real shower (instead of the faucet over my toilet that I an enjoy in HK). Beautiful beaches, incredible food, lovely people, but best of all daddy-daughter-sister bonding time.

No comments: