Sunday, June 21, 2009

A View from the Top

I realize this blog is supposed to be about my "destinasians", but my new summer residence is truly a destination in and of itself: Parkview, Hong Kong. Just say the magic word "Parkview" and the valet will have your Aston Martin waiting outside before you finish dinner. Some might call it social climbing, others strategic planning; but whatever it is, Kelsey and I somehow used our irresistible charm to secure our spots as housesitter extraordinaires for a lovely family that needed an estate manager during the summer months.


After residing in what some might classify as inhumanely tight quarters for 9 months, I definitely don't feel bad about living lavishly. We put aside our cat allergies and feline phobias and became the adopted caretakers of Emy and Hazel, but this was all but a small sacrifice for what Parkview had in store for us. Morning hikes to the beautiful Tai Tam reservoir, late night swims in the "Orchid Pool," in room massages (ok not really, but it was an option), rubbing elbows with the HK elite at the clubhouse...just a few of our favorite things. The 360 views of the island are to die for and lend to an ideal venue for hosting social events. The large kitchen (complete with an oven!) has allowed Kelsey and I to show off our party planning capabilities and hone our domestic skills. Luxuries like dishwashers, cable TV, and non-flourescent lighting have taken on a whole new meaning. One thing is for sure, I will leave Hong Kong appreciating all the standard housing features we take for granted in the US. In the meantime, when I'm not working you can find me at Parkview practicing my Tai Tai skills. Yes that is me sipping a coconut by the pool, and yes I might be developing a British accent. Kelsey was right - life is better at Parkview.

Kels & Kariss: the real housewives of Hong Kong



1 comment:

kelsey said...

I saw a Parkview shuttle bus parked outside a park last night and I nearly wept. My love for Parkview knows no bounds.